Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Serendipity Street on the Road to Enlightenment


Photos Credit: Kaye Barley
~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I told you the Tale of the Ring, the wonderful symbolic event of not being the Wrong Mimja but instead winning the ring on Linda Blalock's site, http://atclindab.blogspot.com/. which came to me by way of a link on Cheryl Dolby's page. http://healingwoman.blogspot.com. She has heaps of links so I tried looking at another earlier in the year which led in turn to http://meanderingsandmuses.blogspot.com. What a nice "small world" surprise! The writer is Department Secretary for Philosophy and Religion at Appalachian State. I wrote her a quick note to tell her that I had lived in a cabin and had sung in the Appalachian Chorale which met in the music building. I mentioned that my daughter had been an anthropology major and her daughter is now at ASU. I kept meaning to get back to Kaye's blog but...no excuses. I just didn't. Well, she took care of that by sending me a message last week asking if I would like to be a guest blogger on her site September 12, 2011. I was floored. I thought maybe I was the Wrong Mimja again. I mean, Kaye's guests will include the likes of Pat Conroy. Yikes. The majority of bloggers have published works. Doubles yikes! I did start on an autobiography in 2003 and made it all the way to page 2. What to do? What to do? I decided not to turn down the offer. "They also serve who only" post a note. And this was another opportunity to show my philosophy and religion by example. Who would have thunk I'd be hobnobbing with Name Recognized Mystery Authors Who Tour? Given as I am to Signs, I think this means it's time I scurried (in Mimsey fashion) to LuLu.com and published my 6 page (mostly drawings) children's book. The Walrus Who Loved Yoga. Watch for me in the NYTimes. Ha ha. With blurbs such as "short and endearing" and "short and quixotic." Or more likely, "If you are looking for a quick read, this is short." I have a whole year, give or take a day or two, so maybe this will be finally done. Wish me luck. I got the idea in 1964. Maybe a better choice than luck would be a ghost writer.

...may the blessings of chance invitations be yours.

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations! This sounds like a rare opportunity and I'm sure you will shine with your chosen subject for the post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh you - you'll be a terrific addition!
    I'm tickled pink to have you!
    Kaye
    http://meanderingsandmuses.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...from Dian in Roanoke:

    Mimsey and Pat Conroy sounds like a magnificent plan to me. I am a big, big fan of both!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete