Monday, December 14, 2009

Hark! Angels Singing, Nudging, Exhorting

Brain studies fascinate me. Where do ideas come from? Who is it taps me on the shoulder with gentle suggestions, "Why not try this?" What brings to mind the perfect word I wasn't even looking for? Since childhood I have attributed it all to angels, fanciful angels, storytelling angels, with my best interests at heart. I don't take credit for my creative efforts. I am simply a conduit. You, perhaps, have another explanation. My brother is a fine artist. He can sketch in a minute what I would not do in a lifetime. Cheryl Dolby of Roanoke, Virginia does masterworks of color but that doesn't hold me back. I'm not comparing myself to anyone. I just like to draw angels. These drawings began in 1985 when a list of titles came flooding. 26 in one day! Titles such as Angel of Divine Assignments, Angel of Molecular Levels, Angel of Uninhabited Isles, Angel of Lined Paper Notebooks. And the twins, Angel of It Doesn't Matter at All and Angel of It Matters a Lot. I couldn't imagine writing 26 poems for the titles. I decided I was supposed to draw something. I didn't know what. I hope the Angel of the Christmas Rose above inspires you to a list of your own and a frenzy of doodles.
Petals in the snow?
Cardinals investigate.
Yes! It is Christmas.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
*******
...as December deepens towards the solstice and the night when the angels gathered in song, may you be filled with the light of His coming...

1 comment:

  1. an angel by any other name would be a treehouse angel. thank you for this lovely rose of the season. love, will

    ReplyDelete